Dr. M.G. PRASAD
Founder : Zen Sports & Fitness
Master Trainer | Self Defence & Martial Arts Trainer
Zen Sports and Fitness is a company committed to promoting fitness, Self Defence and Martial Arts sports. Founded in the year 1998 by Dr. M.G. Prasad, it has journeyed from a humble beginning to a well established and vastly sought after firm. The Company has grown by leaps and bounds with martial art branches in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai and Sri-Lanka. Mr. J. Sharath Kumar India’s Top Karate Player and Master M.P. Jagruth presently holding 5th Ranking in the World in the field of Karate is training under Dr. M. G.Prasad.
Our key skills are in exercise programming and rehabilitation, fitness assessments, Sports Conditioning and massage, Advance strength training for Athletes, one-on-one training and group exercise sessions, health promotion work and occupational first aid. We have trained high profile clients including models, actors, athletes, celebrities and business executives.
The team of Karate and fitness experts at the Company is headed by Sensei Dr. M.G. Prasad, 6 times International Karate Champion and represented India for the 7th World Shito-Ryu Karate Championship, held at Japan during September 2013. At present holding the post of President, Bangalore Sports Karate Association, Member of Akhila Karnataka Sports Karate Association recognized by the Karate Association of India and Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India. Presently he works as one of the coaches to Indian National Karate Team. He is also conferred with the following:
Works & Achievements by Dr. M.G Prasad
- Honored with Doctor of Sports by the International Peace University accredited by Global Accreditation Council, Germany on 25th November 2017.
- Worked as a Master Trainer to conduct Personal Fitness Trainer Course for 500 Youths and also prepared the “Personal Fitness Trainer Manual (Syllabus)” under Department of Youth Sports & Services by the Government of Karnataka.
- Trained more than 2000 women the skills of Self Defense in corporate offices and schools in his 23 years of Karate Teaching career.
- Working as a Resource Person for TV9, Suvarna 24X7 News Channel and other regional TV channels.
- During the year December 16th, 2010 completed the International Certification Course of Certified Fitness Trainer from International Sports Sciences Association, USA.
- Attended and completed the training of Fitness Theory Seminar conducted by the Gayo Fitness on May 21st to 26, 2010.
- Awarded the Certificate of Merit for successfully completing the American’s Heart Association’s Heart saver First Aid with CPR & AED Course in Bangalore on May 26, 2010.
- Completed 100 hours of theory and practical training to attend the ISSA ‘S personal fitness trainer final exam from 9th July – 23rd July -2011
- Attended the Sports Nutrition Workshop on April 14, 2012 conducted by the American College of Sports Medicine, USA.
- Awarded the Certificated of Participation for successfully Completing the Functional Strength Training Course in Mumbai, India on June 15-16-17, 2013.
- Awarded the Certificate of Participation for successfully Completing the Plyometrics for Power & Agility in Mumbai, India on August 15-16-17, 2013.
- Awarded the Certificate of Merit for successfully completing the First Aid Techniques in Exercise & Sports Injuries Management in Bengaluru, India on September 1, 2013.
- Attended the Advanced Knee Rehab Workshop on March 29, 2014 conducted by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- During the year December 17, 2013 successfully satisfied the requirements of the Curriculum and awarded the certificate for completing the course of Specialist in Strength and Conditioning from International Sports Sciences Association, USA.
- Undergone advance practical sports training at London and Singapore.
- Undergone training on Self Defense by Master Eyal Yanilov, Krav Maga Global on 09.03.2013.
- Completed Bachelor of Exercise Therapist Course from International Sports Sciences Association, USA.
- Successfully passed the Karate Coach Exam conducted by the World Karate Federation at Indonesia on November 2015.